Tuesday 3 May 2011

Bookbinding and sunshine !!

Ahoy!

I've said it before, i'll say it again... I'll try and blog more. I've actually got some exciting news... I'm currently working my notice at one of the jobs I have.. Although I'll still be working two days a week as a receptionist - i'll have 5 whole days to make and think and plan! A small step in the direction of becoming a freelance artist! 

I've been busy busy making things for a market I've got a stall at on the 7th May. It's at The Southbank Centre in Bristol and is being hosted by Bristol's Magpie Markets. View the facebook event page here.




 These are just some of the things I've been working on - stationery set. Includes 1 coptic bound journal/sketchbook, 1 soft pocket notebook, 2 mini handmade envelopes and 1 Japanese star book!

I also have been building up my collection of vintage game pieces - the sketchbooks below are made from vintage  PO-KENO cards and vintage flash cards.


 I've mainly been making things for the market on Saturday so I haven't done much of designing anything new - just making and making using materials I've got. Before I got quite busy with the market I made a couple of dvd/cd folios. The style I've done them in and the materials I've used make them very much for a wedding or ceremony of some sort. I'm thinking that the whole wedding scene will be quite a good thing to get into. It would also mean a lot of custom making which I love. 

I'll post some pictures of the wedding line i'm creating soon... :)

Have a lovely Tuesday!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment