Tuesday 11 January 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I know its little late, but still, a happy new year :)

It's BINGO books galore! I've been busy busy busy making as many as I can for the new year. Hopefully I will have a larger collection of books & stationary to sell in the next 4-6 weeks. I was planning to have a market stall at the end of February but due to the craziness of Christmas and having to go to work during the week I haven't managed to make as many things as I had planned. A Pre-Easter and an Easter market stall is on the cards! And it's very very likely that I will have more things available in my Etsy shop very soon! 
The plan is to have a stall, my online shop & website all up and running by Easter.  It's better to be prepared isn't it! I'm designing a series of business cards on 'moo.com' & I'm brainstorming designs to make The Paper Garden website look amazing! :) 

I have recently purchased some amazing vintage POKENO cards from Etsy, which I cannot wait to arrive! They are fantastic! They are made from thick cardstock & measure 7-1/4" wide by 9-3/4" high, so they will make really great hefty artists sketchbooks!



I've come across a lot of old games - boards & pieces which I'm excited to change into something new. Vintage scrabble tile fridge magnets & vintage matchbook magnetic bookmarks & notepads are just two of the things I'm working on. I'm also on the hunt for old letters/poetry books & comics that are  in need of rescuing and up-cycling & will soon hopefully find the time to start using my Holga (which unfortunately has been sat in its box for quite a few months now..)  




I also want to begin my own new art project, separate from The Paper Garden but using some of the same skills. I will be taking inspiration from a project I did in my second year of university which focused around messages, kind words & encouraging things. I will create something everyday. Something small, handmade. Something you can hold in your hands.  A box, an envelope - a letter. I'll talk more about it when I know what I want the project to really be.


Byeeee xoxo






No comments:

Post a Comment