Wednesday 19 September 2012

I have had a busy busy couple of weeks. Lots of planning for my wedding next September, working with Marc Bingham on our artist collaboration, planning for my Christmas line of books and stationery and recording a new EP with Heg Doughty and The Wolf Chorus.

About a week ago I came across a picture which I fell in love with. So much, that it pushed me to start using my Pinterest account which is something I used once and never went back to. I found it on a book arts blog whilst googling away for some inspiration for some new books to make.


I would love to be able to make something like this but I do not have the skills at the moment to produce something so detailed. But I am working on it :)
These two are what I have made...


 The book in the background in the first picture is far from perfect but not bad for my first try as it was quite a difficult pattern and you would be surprised how much maths is involved in folded book art! The second book that is a half moon folded vintage novel (used and damaged - it now has a new lease of life) is my favourite as there is just so much I want to use them for. These books are a standard novel size (5.5" in width and 8" in length). I am now working on a larger book which I will be listing in my Etsy Shop when finished, along with a packet of mini cards of different colours, shapes and sizes to be used as an alternative guest book. Each guest can write their message on the cards and slot them into the book. The book can then be mounted to a wall or displayed anywhere in your home for people to admire!
I will be adding it to my normal Etsy shop and then again to my Etsy Wedding shop when that is up and running. Without even realising it, nearly all of my wedding range is derived from a vintage source of some kind so I will working with that theme to create unique, vintage and vintage inspired wedding stationery, favours and decorations. :)
Now I have the recording out of the way I can focus on this a bit more which is very exciting.

Anywho - I am about to start learning to drive and have my very first lesson in an hour so off I pop!

Me and Samson wish you a happy crafty Wednesday! xo







  




No comments:

Post a Comment